Monday, March 11, 2013

Design Wall Monday 3-11-2013

I haven't been posting lately for one reason or another, BUT I have been sewing.

I viewed a tutorial by Missouri Star Quilts a while back and decided to make the quilt. It's called Periwinkle. I used some leftover batiks.
I like it so far but cutting the triangle with their papers looked easy.  Putting the triangles together doesn't work so well.  I'm also looking at the squares and they didn't allow for  a quarter inch seam allowance on the points.  I think all my points will be cut off.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do at this point.

Still working on my Get It Done projects.  DW jean quilt is ready to tie.  I need to look up on Google how to tie a square knot.

Jana's Bears In the Farmhouse quilt is on the longarm.  I'm getting there but the weather has been so lovely the last few days, I been spending it outdoors....with the chickens.

This post is being posted to Judy's Design Wall Monday

3 comments:

  1. I love the movement of this quilt. I think you get two motions, the light colors form two circles around the outer periwinkle and then on some on the points of 4 periwinkles. I hope that didn't confuse anyone. Just imagine it.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right over left-tie. Then left over right-tie. When I tie a quilt I always add an extry right over left....not that I've ever had one come untied though. Something I learned in Girl Scouts!! Love the colors in this quilt. I made this pattern before is crazo brights and one of the rare ones I didn't give away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the project... If all the points disappear then it might look intentional..

    ReplyDelete