Monday, November 19, 2012

Design Wall 11-19-2012

I have a couple days off during Thanksgiving and plan of getting my grandson's quilt quilted.  It's on the longarm and I've picked my thread.  That's the trouble, my tension isn't right.  I keep breaking the top thread.    It was late enough in the day Sunday to just quit and start up fresh maybe tomorrow.


This is a Color Palette Challenge  I did with Judy in May.  She named her's Sweet Tart and I'm calling  my Skittles.  It's also a stashbuster.  I didn't purchase a single fat quarter, remant or yard.  

I hope to get it done my Monday next.  Then I can handsew the binding at night while watching tv.


5 comments:

  1. How fun, we both have the HQ 16. Love the quilt you have loaded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get your tension issue figured out. When it happens to me it always seems to be user error, usually fixed by walking away and coming back later with fresh eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a big quilt--with lots of impact! Great colors. Good luck with fixing that tension problem--hope it settles down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a fun quilt. I hope you get it finished and. the tension problems solved

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somedays I, too, have tension problems and other days everything works just right. I hope when you walked back in your HQ decided to work with you.

    ReplyDelete