Friday, August 26, 2011

Garden Update & Misc. Happenings

The last time I posted I was in Montana visiting my family.  Since then, my mom and sister came out here for a couple days.  Because my mom loves to bird watch, so we went to the coast and visited Nestucca Bay National Wildife Refuge, Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge.  We went to a couple of state parks on the coast.  She had her list of birds she wanted to look for and we found many of them.

We celebrated my birthday and watched the chickens.  We took her to the Woodburn Auction where we sold 6 roosters.  That really made my "girls" happy.

Well the garden has finally come into its own.  I've been canning pickled beets, kosher dills, hamburger dills, freezing broccoli and cauliflower, blueberries and peas.




Last night, DBF picked all the cukes and today, it's more of the same.  Hamburger Dills, Baby Kosher Dills and maybe some Bread and Butter Pickles.  Tomorrow, beets again.  We want enough to last two years.  We don't plan on growing beets next year so I have to can a bunch this year.  I think I can. That's all for now.  Talk to you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment