Monday, October 12, 2009

Design Wall

Well I have't made any progress other than to re-arrange the blocks. Hum. It was suggested that I make a large star for the center and arrange the smaller blocks around it. Since this is scrappy batiks, and I'm only using fat quarters for it, I don't have enough of any two FQs to make make it with. I'm stumped. I would love to put the design in EQ but I changed laptops and can't find my software. I hope I can figure something out soon. I'd like to put another UFO up on my wall.

4 comments:

  1. I like how you have them laid out now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would the center star need to be only 2 FQ? Maybe you can find FQ in 2 colour groups instead, and make a scrappy center star.

    The stars look great, and what you have up there now would make a lovely quilt just as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few years ago I had a scrappy star top (swap blocks) that I either had too many of or not enough of. I made a appliqued flower for the middle, multi colored, that just set off the stars perfectly. I only had it around for a little while as my daughter claimed it.

    ReplyDelete