Sunday, August 30, 2009

Floating Stars and Such

Posted by PicasaI can't believe I've been silent for so long. It's been a hectic summer. Our garden went nuts and still hasn't died down. Between vacation, family visiting, canning, freezing, and work, I haven't been able to sew hardly a lick.
The Floating Star above is a quilt I started 3 years ago for my daughter. I tried to get her to pick another quilt that was finished but she saw this accidently and it was the one she wanted. Now all I have to do is get it done. I'm tired of it. I just want it finished and it's not even half way close. I don't want to make any more stars. I want to alternate blocks with just a block of batik. She wants king size, of course. So this is going on my design wall and it's not coming down until it's finished. I'm going to Montana in October to visit her family and my newest granddaughter. I am also going to spend time with my parents. I hope you don't get tired of this quilt because I've resolved myself to finishing it by October and take it with me.
Do you have any ideas for this quilt, sashing, alternate blocks? I'd love to hear your opinions.

1 comment:

  1. I love these stars! How about making a few blocks that are bigger (the size of 4 of your current blocks put togeter) and one or two that are smaller (4 little blocks that go together to make the size of one of your current blocks). Then arrange them randomly so that the bigger and smaller stars are scattered around. If you do several of the bigger ones, you might get to that king size quilt faster! You could also break it up with a solid border, then a border of star blocks and then a final border. Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete