Thursday, February 5, 2009

Block of the Month Club

I have taken a Block of the Month Club (BOM) for 6 years now. I have finished all the tops but have yet to get them quilted. I need to because I WANT to use them! In January, we started another BOM club. This one is a lesson on how to quilt as you go. I hope it's not a lot of handsewing. I don't mind handsewing but I don't want to do the whole quilt that way. I'm taking this class because I want to know how to do it and learn something new. We meet once a month, the second Saturday of each month at a quilt shop (Pioneer Quilts) in Damascus, OR. I really like the instructor because I now travel almost 90 miles round trip to take it. Yes, I've taken classes at other shops closer, but this gal, Jolyn, is the best. She's supportive, upbeat, and personable. Want a look at my January block? Then I'll show you the Hanky Panky block that will be the alternating block for this queen sized quilt. Each of her BOM block are 9 1/2 inches square. All the BOMs have a block sashing. This year I decided to go with Jolyn's fabric choices for the blocks but thought I would make the quilt a little more consistent. I love my colors. What do you think? This time I think I'll even make pillowcases and some shams to go with it.


"Wampum" is the name of the block with the star block setting. "Panky Panky" it the setting block. Do you like my colors?










No comments:

Post a Comment